This weekend we celebrate working people of America by taking the day off on Monday, September 6th in the United States. Having the day off means laying on the couch and really soaking in the boredom, right? NO! We are here to help. We’ve compiled a list of things to do in the Atlanta Metropolitan area that would interest anyone, child or adult. Our city offers a wide variety of fun to be had, so get up off that couch and enjoy what it has to offer!
1. Watch hot air balloons over Callaway Gardens.
2. Take your tots a sci-fi celebration at Children’s Museum Atlanta.
3. Get tasty eats at the Afro Street Market Fest at Atlantic Station.
4. Take in a show of your favorite homegrown rock band, the Black Crowes (formed in Marietta in 1984!)
5. Georgia is quickly becoming famous for its plethora of quality craft beers being created here. Go out to Brew Fest at Battery Park to get a taste of each!
6. Have your family yell, “Roll Tide!” into the vast Mercedes Benz Stadium at the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game against the Miami Hurricanes.