Here at Mobile Storage Depot, we like to keep our readers up to date on events happening around metro Atlanta for the upcoming Labor Day Weekend. Be sure to check current local listings and websites for the most up-to-date information. Here are some of our ideas:
- Dragon Con: If you’re a fan of science fiction, fantasy, gaming, and pop culture, Dragon Con is an annual event held in Atlanta over Labor Day weekend. It features costume parades, panels, celebrity guests, and a lively atmosphere.
- Piedmont Park: Enjoy a relaxing day at Piedmont Park, one of Atlanta’s largest and most popular green spaces. You can have a picnic, play sports, walk the trails, or simply unwind while taking in the city skyline.
- Atlanta Braves Game: Catch a baseball game at Truist Park and cheer on the Atlanta Braves. Labor Day weekend often includes special promotions or events during the games.
- Stone Mountain Park: Visit Stone Mountain for a variety of outdoor activities. Hike up the mountain to enjoy a panoramic view of the city, take a scenic train ride, or watch the famous laser light show in the evening.
- Atlanta Botanical Garden: Explore the beautiful Atlanta Botanical Garden, which often has seasonal exhibits and events during Labor Day weekend.
- National Center for Civil and Human Rights: Take some time to visit this powerful museum, dedicated to exploring the civil rights movement and human rights issues worldwide.
- Six Flags Over Georgia: If you’re a thrill-seeker, spend the day at Six Flags Over Georgia amusement park and enjoy roller coasters and other rides.
- Atlanta BeltLine: Rent a bike or take a stroll along the Atlanta BeltLine, a multi-use trail that connects many neighborhoods, parks, and public art installations.
- Georgia Aquarium: Spend the day at the Georgia Aquarium, one of the largest and most impressive aquariums in the world.
- Local Festivals and Events: Check out local event calendars for special Labor Day celebrations, concerts, food festivals, and other happenings around the city.
Remember to plan ahead and check if any events require reservations or have COVID-19 safety measures in place, as circumstances might have changed since our last update. Enjoy your Labor Day in Atlanta! We will be closed on Labor Day. See our regular hours here.