Cloud, data, digital storage: We are all becoming familiar with these terms, but what about paper documents for your business? We all know that business documents are being increasingly moved to digital formats and being stored online. What about your actual paper documents?. If you’re like most business owners you will want to keep at least one hard copy of important business documents in hand. In fact the IRS recommends you keep business documents for tax purposes for at least 6 years or until they are no longer relevant. That is why safe, secure and reliable document storage is so important.
You don’t have to do it yourself. There is often too much of it to keep at your business and it can be cumbersome. The space it takes up in the office, the cost of filing cabinets and keeping your physical documents is an unnecessary burden. MobileStorageDepot.com has a secure, centrally located facility to store your documents in Peachtree City. Only you and your staff will have access to your records whenever you need to them.
Storing physical documents can be a strain on you and your business, so make sure you call us to take care of all your business documents storage needs. We serve clients in the legal, healthcare, manufacturing, Insurance, entertainment and government sectors of business. We inspire trust and confidence in our clients, which is why they keep coming back to us to store all of their most important business documents in a safe, secure off-site facility.
Here are some tips when preparing to store your physical documents:
- Come up with an organized system to archive your documents, if you don’t already have one.
- Give files logical, specific names and include dates in file names if possible
- Cull your files of unimportant documents.
- Make sure you have a detailed inventory list for your documents that will make them accessible and easily retrievable at a later date.
- Backup your files in a digital format before putting them into physical storage.
- Make sure only the most trusted employees have access to the storage unit and files.
If you follow these file management tips consistently, even if you don’t know where something is, you know where it should be – is a huge advantage when it comes to finding what you’re looking for. Good file management practices will save your business time and money. Call us at 770-487-8220 for a free quote and more information or CLICK HERE TO MAKE A RESERVATION.